Wednesday, July 19, 2006

KKrishtopher Leeve

Everybody in my family expect me is happy about the government's order to block blogs. That comes as a surprise, honestly. When I told my dad about it yesterday evening, he said, Thank God, atleast now you will stop making fun of my erectile-dysfunction in public. I never realised it made such a big difference to him.

I had to speak to The High Commission of India* to let me access my blog and publish new posts. All I had to say was, Tere saahib ko bolo, mein ek bahut bada VIP aadmi hoon. Soon after this short SMS to THOCI's phone, my blog was restored to normalcy.

My wife is ecstatic after watching Kkrish: A Caped Indian Hero for the third time, a few days ago. Apparently, my wife's Alma mater is now doing a case study on, this is true, the success of Kkrish. A huge argument extravasated between us when I remarked, Ha-ha, it appears your booby hatch** has way too much time and nothing important to do. I have yet again lost my bedroom rights***.

What they (makers) had to say about Kkrish:

  • Kkrish is not a copy of Superman***** primarily because his kacha is ungraspable. (This alteration from the original script has raised a furor among movie-goers, who are now asking the important question, Is it de rigueur to wear a kacha on the outside?)
  • There are several doubts about Superman's ability to father a child while Kkrish is proud father of a healthy baby boy named Kal-L.
  • Due to unavailability of dates, Marlon Brando could not play the role of Kkrish's dad. A self-portrait of Kkrish was developed to play his own father since nobody was willing to play his dad including Rakesh Roshan. Amrish Puri was unavailable for comments.
  • Kkrish unlike Superman possesses a vestigial thumb. Apparently, Kkrish derives his energy from jerking this thumb several times a day. In the later versions of the movie, this vulnerability will be readily available for the bad guys.
  • Unlike Superman, Kkrish bleeds. The director re-did the action sequences of the movie after screening the premiere, when many movie-goers said, Oh C'mon, this can't be true.
  • Unlike Superman, Kkrish is not from a different planet. Kkrish is fruit of a derelict father and Pat Welsh.

Following the phenomenal success of Kkrish, Filmcraft is toying with the idea of remaking The Matrix, titled Jantar Mantar with Hrithik Roshan playing Neo, Sushmita Sen playing Trinity and this is true, Dr. Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam playing Morpheus. Filmcraft believes in bringing avant-garde cinema to the Indian masses.

Story: (Only Spoiler)

Kkrish, the movie, begins with a bucolic and hideous looking butterball, drawing caricatures of his dead dad and mom. The granny is so impressed with his work; she enrolls him at Art Center, Pasadena. Kkrish has other plans. He decides to remain a proletarian, playing gully cricket with a bunch of retards. While Kkrish is mastering the art-form of being Charlatan**** Heston, Lois Lane arrives in the pahadis.

Lois Lane in an act of utter stupidity decides to go hang gliding****** when the operation goes horribly wrong and in a single-act of dare-devilness Kkrish much like Chow Yun-Fat flies over trees and saves Lois Lane. This act of kindness proves cataclysmic. Soon Lois Lane is introduced to Kkrish and they fall in love.

Lois Lane returns to Singapore and Kkrish also goes to Singapore, this is true, in search of his loin cloth, the one Lois Lane disappears with, after their one night in the bush. In Singapore, he discovers the many joys of other women.

While he is in Singapore, he hears about Lex Luthor (not played by Gene Hackman) who is building a one-stop-mall for all your family needs. In order to save the human population, especially men population from near extinction, he kills Lex Luthor and saves his dad.

He then takes Lois Lane and Jor-L back home, only to find out his granny is Nick the Van Driver.

The movie draws its ideas from Superman, Men in Black, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Shawshank Redemption.

The film director is hoping that The Film Federation of India will choose Kkrish to represent India in the Original screenplay category. Ha-ha.

Yours kentlee.

* I met the THCOI in Singapore. We were both at the same mujra. After that day, I have been fleecing him handsomely.

** Sometimes referred to as Bra. My wife has studied at one of those B-schools, which expects you to have defended atleast two dissertations, published several white papers and aged close to fifty years. On the subject of white papers, I have published many too.

*** The rights restrict me from bringing my laptop into the bedroom. I am usually very happy to lose them. I am still practicing the art of concealed glee.

**** A cheap pun on Charlton Heston.

***** Apparently, during the filming of Superman Returns, Bryan Singer was confronted with an unusual dilemma. This is absolutely true and I am not making up any of it, Brandon Routh's package was really huge. The movie was delayed for several months while the Art Division team tried unsuccessfully to create a padded underwear that could conceal his proportions. Singer was facing three problems

  • He had to film his entire film without beaming below Routh's upper torso; which was quite impossible.
  • The design team offered a brilliant idea; replace Superman's tights and the conspicuous underwear with pyjamas. This was definitely impossible.
  • Incase Singer screened the movie without a contingency plan, he was risking a NC-17 (No One 17 And Under Admitted) rating from MPAA, which would mean, his target audience was restricted to people from Dwight David Eisenhower's administration.

After much deliberation, Singer ordered a Hydrocele be performed on Routh. The movie was stalled for four months during this commotion, thereby compelling Singer to make Titanic Revisited.

****** I am still trying to understand, which part of If at first you fail; hang gliding is not for you didn't she understand.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Qwerts,

I am at the pub waiting for my mates. As you may have assumed, the place is crawling with members of the opposite sex who think I am like Austin Powers, ie, they think I'm a sexy beast. Oh Bee-have!

Okay, okay, you don't beleive a word I say. Smart boy. In reality there are more barstaff than patrons and DJ Lucky is playing a Titanic theme song remix. It is apt since the evening is sinking.

As for the other patrons, I am glad I do not possess x-ray vision like Superman.  I might have been able to see more than I bargained for had I glanced in their direction.

I shall comment on your Superman meets Hridiculous Roshan meets Matrix Absolutions when I get back home.

HaiBai and Carry on Up the Kryptonite!

Yours JimmyOlsenly,

Riggs

10:44 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi anonymous riggs,

The days of boyhood are far gone, my friend. Come to think of it, it is true, I went through my entire puberty without a pimple.

DJ Lucky? Firstly, is he from Delhi? And secondly do you know his dad's name? It is Mr. Mera Number Kab Aayega Singh.

Riggs, I recall on a match day and a Saturday night, you were at a pub accessing my blog. It doesn't come as a surprise to me if there were more bar staff than customers.

Anyways on the subject on going to pubs on weekdays, I personally prefer taking a few dozen of my wife's girlfriends because I cannot fathom sitting at a bar and chatting up a bartender whose English vocabularly consists of words like Vodka, Bacardi and Blender's Pride. Incase you want to drink a single malt, you have to merely point at the bottle.

Yours jeckdanials.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay!

This is bizzare. And freaky. And both together!

How did you know Lucky was from Delhi and that our barstaff are such erudite and well spoken fellows?

'bartender whose English vocabularly consists of words like Vodka, Bacardi and Blender's Pride' - You just described ALL the boys wot serve us to a T.

'jeckdanials' - That was a cheap dig at the GM and the F&B Manager of the hotel, wasn't it? You DO know them!

How do you know so much? Are you one of those patrons present from last night? The trio from Nagpore that fought with each other to pay the bill? With enough stubble and gold chains to sink the Carpathia? Those three?

OR

Do you have crystal balls? Or is your super-pervy identity Hollow Man??

Please clear up these doubts immediately.

Yours Jeck Denialsly,

11:16 AM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi riggs,

This is bizzare. And freaky. And both together! That is exactly how I would describe my wife's family.

My friend, no where else in the world do people use an Idioms & Theasaurus book to name their children. Also, there is a perspicuous technique to differentiate names.

I am offering you this advise for FREE.

While the entire North India contains names like Happy, Silky, Straightforward, Bright, Agile, Dapper, Wisenheimer (dubious german origin), etc. South Indians call themselves Balaji, Buddharaju, Ganapati, Neelakantan, Sayyaparao, Tirumalareddy, Yesuraju, Hiranyagarbha, Parameshwaran, Acharya, Guru, Sachinanandamu, Lakshmi, Saraswati, Sarvashaktiamma, Mahankali, Damballah (Voodoo Loa), etc

On the subject of bartenders, I have to be honest. I would regularly go to bars after hours to fetch my BIL. The bartenders would not respond to any of my English questions until I would say, Vokda?? Bacardi?? Blender's Pride?? or merely whisk my finger at a scanty Scotch bottle upon which, he would pick my BIL's poison for the night. I am hugely thankful to my BIL for not being a French wine connoisseur. I think he hasn't ventured about them ONLY because of his inability to ask for a bottle of Chateau la Garde Pessac Léognan.

I have to say its easier to say Jack Daniels rather than Tennessee Whiskey.

I am surprised that you have dealings with men from Nagpore.

I would rather play Rodney Skinner.

Hope I have managed to clear your doubts.

Yours Swelmorangie.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Morangie Desai,

I have laughed meself silly, yet again, upon reading your response. pardon me if I don't come to YOUR house for a Drink.

In all the mirth, I forgot to describe the beef-steak I had for dinner last night. I should have known better than to trust the barstaff's word.

I asked for a 'well done' beefsteak and was mildly disappointed at the steak that was delivered. It was so rare that I half expected it to moo and ask for Orbit White chewing gum, you know, to eradicate the power cutting probem.

It was sent back post-haste. Te replacement was marginally better. Lucky for me I do enjoy boiled vegatbles and mashed potatoes so the meal wasn't a bust. Please do not behave like a tit now and make a pun about bust, even though I know you like to keep abreast of all these things.

Do you any north Indians called Weisenheimer? I would like to meet them. The only north Indian I would not like to meet is Hari Sadu.

I am glad that you said you would like to play Rodney Skinner and not play WITH Rodney SKinner. It would have been a bit tough finding him, non??

I feel a tad silly conversing with an adult (I assume you ARE an adult and not someone like Doogie Howser) by leaving comments on his blog. Are you perchance, available on an Insant Messenger?

Yours RediffBoldly,

2:12 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi riggs,

Morangie Desai: Not many people know this; Morarji Desai every birthday (February 29th) would collect a bottle of, well, his pee and drink it exactly on his next birthday. Though world over people enjoy Irish blends at age 12, 18, 30 and sometimes even 40, Mr. Desai set a new standard; 4 years. I have to admit the drink was never a hit with the urban population. I suspect his wife might have enjoyed a shot or two on a chilly night.

I will respect your feelings on the topic of bust and resist my temptation to comment. I have to say, while we are at it, can't we twobreasts of all these things?

No I don't think there are any north-indians with such a name. They wouldn't know if it is Brit or German.

Rodney Skinner: Slim Dick. I am neither.

You might want to reconsider calling me Doogie Howser, MD only because he is currently working on How I Met Your Mother.

Instant Messengers bring back memories of yore. No I do not use any after I discovered Sins of Messaging Sexily.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home