Thursday, July 13, 2006

Any Given Thursday

Every now and then, I go through bouts of maladroitness, by which, I mean, I do not have enough creative ideas to write about until something happens in my wife's family.

Critical Acclaim for my blog. Entirely fictional.
  • The very blog I have been looking for most of my life...It represents virginal education, and all schools will be better places if they made this blog a part of their curriculum.

  • I defy any reader to be bored by any of its contents. Genuinely enthralling. Unintentionally precise. Flamboyantly encyclopaedic. In toto, an imaginative and penetrating storyteller who dared to retell the Big Bang Theory.

  • Gripping, utterly absorbing and leaves one gasping for many more. Seldom have I rooted so hard for a set of fictional individuals. I am in awe of his capacity for finding detail in nothing.

  • I love this blog. Screamingly funny. I want to marry him.

  • The first blog that looks at humor as a practice and as such should be necessary reading for everyone in the human gene pool.

  • When I finally did get hold of the website, I was prepared to hate it. But I ended up loving it and reading it slow because I didn't want it to end.

Sometime ago, one of my wife's cousin decided it was his turn to do the saath pheras. Essentially, marriages around the world are divided into two categories: a) Love b) Ekta Kapoor. I chose the easier way out. I found the then girl of my dreams and changed it into naked reality. My folks were more than happy with my choice because they figured it was the easy way out for them too.

I have to admit, in a perverse way, marriage is like a garment store. You have great fits, great colors, expensive ones, cheap ones, defects and most importantly, way too many to choose from. Lately, you have seconds sales too. I chose mine when it was very dark. This guy decided to break the rules. He decided to marry someone of his parents' choice. Everyone appreciated his decision until my wife and I were also invited to see the girl(s).

I did not want to go to help my wife's cousin make a decision about his marriage. I was unwilling to influence his decision. After all, I was not going to live the rest of his life with her. My wife decided that we must accompany him and his family to check out the girls.

  • The entourage consisted of my cousin's father, mother, two sisters, their two children, his grandmother, my wife's parents, my wife, me and several chauffeurs. My FIL also contemplated bringing his dog.
  • Even as we left home, I had a bad feeling about this trip and by the time we reached their place, the feeling became real. I never knew my ex-girlfriend had a pretty little sister.
  • The entire family seemed to display a certain amount of hostility as I walked in. When hostility is coupled with familiarity, its time for double whammy. Except for my ex-girlfriend, her mother, father, sister and my wife, none of the others present at the gathering were aware of my predicament, thankfully.
  • I sat crosslegged, away from my ex-girlfriend's father while the entire place broke into a furor of activity. People were laughing, sherbats and knickkancks were being passed around, and conversations about preparation for the impending marriage being fervently discussed.
  • Just when I thought everything was going okay, the attention suddenly shifted towards me. My ex-girlfriend's father broke my silence with a quick-fire questionnaire that included several unnecessary questions.
  • I managed to answer most of his questions without raising too many eyebrows. I still suspect my FIL has his own doubts.

A few weeks later, my wife told me that her cousin is going through with the marriage and with a smirk said, We will be one happy family!

Yours woebegone.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

worthy (fictional) praise indeed :-)

given the cold war that prevails in the bedroom - where did one of your esteemed (imaginary) readers read about the big bang theory?

girl of dreams changed into naked reality....hehehehehe...no wonder she is smirking at the thpught of a big happy family living happily together ever after :)) have fun (or whatever passes for it in the circumstances)

10:28 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi peccavi,

Honestly speaking, I have had some marry me offers in the past, given my ability to yield my pen.

It is a known fact that The Big Bang Theory is homogeneous, farcical and superannuated. So, I cannot answer your question with factual data. The cold war in the bedroom is based on assumptions.

I am petrified of the circumstances. I am planning to play the role of Jane Fonda from Monster-in-Law for good effect.

10:02 AM  
Blogger qwerty said...

Another keen observation:

riggs is missing the action on my blog while he gets some other kind of action in Vizag. I think he will no longer be the President and Founding Member of SWTFIT Party only ably replaced by me.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aiming to head the SWTFIT Party and say the cold war is an assumption??? Hmmm,....what is it...hot vibes doused by cold reality/water?

Why don't you visit vizag too have a party and disband the Party?

10:46 AM  
Blogger Ekta said...

oops!
Your done for dude!!
Run away fasssttttt!:-))

11:11 AM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi peccavi,

I figure there is some misinterpretation.

I meant, the bedroom exists is based on an assumption and not the cold war.

If I wanted to party I wouldn't choose Vizag as my destination. I fear the chances of finding a woman out there are as bleak as finding inner peace within.

1:18 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi ekta,

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha [repeat infinitum]

I was done for when I got married.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now thats begging the question - if riggah is losing preeminent position as founding member and President of SWTFIT by finding 'action' in Vizag where " the chances of finding a woman out there are as bleak as finding inner peace within."...wonder how he plans to do it....harrharrr

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear PatiPatni&Woebegonely,

I resent that remark @ riggs is missing the action on my blog while he gets some other kind of action in Vizag. I think he will no longer be the President and Founding Member of SWTFIT Party.

I spent much time on our bog yesterday. While Vizag is a smal town, it IS indeed a town where wi-fi works and works well.

I think Pecavvi is growing too big for his boots by commenting TWICE on the same blog before I do. Impertinent little whippersnapper. Quite a stick in the mud.

Anyhoo, while I have not commented on YOUR blog, I spent some quality time on MY 'humorous' blog which may be found here at http://riggys-rambling.blogspot.com/

I shall come back to your post in a bit.

Riggy

1:38 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi peccavi,

Yes it is a pertinent observation.

I have been told, not so far away from Vizag there is a place where the women do not wear blouses under their saris. If that is true, I am willing to make Vizag, my only holiday destination sans the wife.

He might be doing it with the mermaids.

2:00 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi riggy,

Good to see you are having fun in Vizag.

While you are at it, please clear the air with peccavi on the subject of being the President and Founding Member of SIJHT. (Sex, I Just Hate It.)

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

while we are clearing the air...dehumidifier and all - me's a she...NOT a he.

Mermaids? wouldnt that be really scaly...(talking chinese are we?)?

2:26 PM  
Blogger Anand said...

haha!
well ur already married...what can be worst than that..!;-)

3:06 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi peccavi,

Jumping Jalapenos!! Honestly, I would have never known. Pleased to meet you, Ms.Peccavi.

I hate to say this but I am going to say it, Of all the blogspots, in all the towns, in all the world, she had to walk into mine.

Peccavi, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

3:28 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi anand,

The answer to your trick-or-treat question is Married Twice.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Second Marriage: the triumph of hope over experience ;)

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO @ Jumping Jalapenos.

Qwerts, you are a bad, bad boy. That one made me ROTFSHTCCOONETIWDA ! (Roll on the floor laughing so hard that Coke came out of my nose even though I wasn't drinking any)

My Vizag trip is almost over. Please visit the Rambler for more details on the morrow.

3:31 AM  
Anonymous nifty erotic stories archive cock docking said...

Aw, shit, Sir. We would hire babysitters.
sexy shaving stories
beastiality stories free
hot mom and son sex stories
real female masturbation stories
gay college sex stories
Aw, shit, Sir. We would hire babysitters.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home