Saturday, July 08, 2006

What Dreams May Become

Yesterday night, my wife and i decided to go out for a quiet dinner. I have to admit it has been a very long time since we did that. We have been arguing too much over the last couple of months and it was time for some love talking.

Mission: Impossible IV: (Movie Spoiler Included)

Mission: Impossible IV is all set to ameliorate what Mission: Impossible, Mission: Impossible II and Mission: Impossible III have failed to deliver. This edition of the movie like all the earlier editions will be imbecilic and vapid and contain mindless action, sex and deception. As a second in command to Jean-Luc Godard who is absolutely excited about directing this fourth edition, I have some inside information.

  • Yes, you have all guessed it right. The movie will be directed in French and dubbed and remade into several languages including Hindi. Our latest caped indigenous Superman Hritik Roshan will play the role of Tom Cruise. The movie title has been aptly changed to preraNa: asambhav saintaalis. Due to difficulties translating "Ethan Hunt" literally into Hindi, Hritik Roshan will be called Shikari Shambu. Search is on for the perfect dumb blonde.

  • Philip Seymour Hoffman who was unheard of until Capote, atleast in India, has been voted indubitably to play the role of Ethan Hunt using the highly abused face masking technique though Godard has clearly instructed Hoffman to shake off a few calories and gain some height. This change has irked many movie aficionados and Cruise fans but Cruise was unavailable for a comment. He was apparently caught man serving Carrie-Anne Moss and his publicist in Tahiti.

  • Yes it is true, there is some confusion about Philip Seymour Hoffman sharing the bed with Michelle Monaghan. This movie will also feature Ethan Hunt Jr., though movie critics believe Godard has plagiarised this idea from Face/Off. I heard Monaghan saying, I am never going to sleep with that fat bastard.

  • The mystery about the "rabbit foot" continues. J.J. Abrams, the director of M:I 3, a devout Jew, in a private tête-à-tête has admitted the contraption (rabbit foot) contains, this is true, his father's testicles. Godard is going to officially replace the "rabbit foot" with "rabbit pearl". The Art Direction Department is currently working on design issues.

  • The movie will also include some never seen footage of Ethan Hunt Jr. learning martial arts at Shaolin Temple Kung Fu School, Lake Wanaka. The entire movie is being shot in a desert keeping in view French hygienics.

  • The film like always, will not contain a plot. Ethan Hunt will not be saving Americans from Aliens, Ultra-Violet Rays as a result of Ozone Depletion, Global Warming, Mars Attacks!, Jurassic Park, King Kong, Twelve Monkeys, Whoopi Goldberg or Six-headed Shaolin Monks. A fifth edition of the movie is still a distant dream.

  • They have decided to discard Laurence Fishburne from the new edition. This is true, in an interview, on the subject of How will you ask Carrie-Anne Moss on a date? he said,

    Trinity, hear me! I have imagined this moment for a long time. Is it real? You have never believed in Me. I don't know what I can do to save us but I do know that as long as there is a single breath left in my body I will not give up.

    Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us. But if we are to be prepared for it, we must first shed our clothes. I stand here, before you now, truthfully unafraid. Why? Because I believe something you do not? No, I stand here without fear not because of the path that lies before me but because of the rabbit hole that lies behind me. Tonight, let us shake this cave. Tonight, let us tremble these halls of earth, steel, and stone, let us be heard from red core to black sky. Tonight, let us make a night together.

    No, what happened, happened and couldn't have happened any other way. All of our lives, we happened to fight everyone. Tonight I believe we can end it. Tonight is not an accident. There are no accidents. We have not come here by chance. I do not believe in chance. When I see you, I do not see coincidence, I see providence. I see purpose. I believe it our fate to be here. It is our destiny.

    Now consider the alternative. What if I am right? What if tomorrow we can consummate this relationship? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for? Given your situation, I can't say I fully understand your reasons for volunteering to rock on my boat. However, if you wish to continue to do so, I must ask you to do one thing. I want you to feel, smell, taste and see me, and not merely as simple electrical signals interpreted by your brain. I want you to remember the reason that we are here is because of our... affinity for disobedience.

    Have you ever had a dream, Trinity, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. I take the blue pill - the story begins here, we wake up in your bed and believe whatever we want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and live happily ever after with Neo.

    No. This is not another training program designed to teach you anything. Is it going to be Neo or me?

  • Mike Myers was also considered for the roll of Ethan Hunt but after a rhubarb between the management and him on shredding his androgenic hair, he has returned to playing Shrek.

  • The entire problem began with Tom Cruise's unavailably to partake in the fourth edition. He is currently living the life of a gigolo for his upcoming role in Classic Bamboo Cane.

  • Apparently Danny DeVito was also considered to play the bad guy but due to cinematographic difficulties, he was shown the red card. Inside sources have it, Godard was unable to pan the camera onto Ethan Hunt and DeVito at the same time. Either Ethan's head or Vito's head, one of them kept disappearing.

  • In an update, irrelevant to M: I 4, during the Hunt for the new James Bond, Tom Cruise was also considered. In a public statement, Harry Saltzman (of EON Productions fame) said, He Is Not Man Enough.

I hope Mission: Impossible IV will be just as invigorating as all its predecessor. I am so excited.

Yours bornonthefourthofjuly.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaaaah.

Mr.Randyson.

You look surprised to see me, again, Mr. Randyson. That's the difference between us. I've been *expecting* you.

It seems that you've been living two lives. One life, you're Pervy A. Randyson, program writer for a disrespectable software company. You have a credit card number, send your faxes, and you... help your wife carry out her garbage. The other life is lived in computers, where you go by the blogger alias "Qwerty" and are guilty of virtually every computer sex crime we have a law for. One of these lives has a future, and one of them does not.

I have met your BIL.

Recently, Mr. Randyson.

He was drunk. He said to me 'I am the Architect. I created the Blogspot. I've been waiting for you. I have a question. Can I have a Drink?'

Being a good host, I offered him one. He said 'I know this drink does not exist. I know it does not slide down my throat and burn my insides.'

Having had his drink, he introduced me to your Father In Law. I was very impressed with his sense of style (and that he was dining with Monica Belluci). We got talking and he said to me 'I love Bihari whine, like I love the Bihari language. I have sampled every language, Bihari is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère. It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it. He told me that he is the Union Minister for Railways. What a fine gent.

Anyways, I'm afraid I must leave. We will continue this saga. Later.

I know you want to call me. I could give you my number. Tell me, Mr. Randyson... what good is a phone call... if you're unable to speak?

MmmmHmmm???

1:43 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi rums,

After letting out a few gastroesophageal refluxes, we went home and I slept. Its the honest truth.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.hi PSmythe,



It is appr


opriate to call me Randyson since I was the fruit of my dad's groin in some haste.

I am not surprised to see you as much as I am aghast.

Yes I do have two lives. I lost the one as a computer programmer after I was caught printing Hustler Fantasy Letters and The Miseducation Of Fanny Hill. I did not think writing love epistles to you amounted to computer sex crimes.

My BIL would rather be the key keeper of many bar keys than an architect.

Riggs, my friend, my little french education tells me that you just said name of god of whore of bloody hell of filth of fuck ups the ass of your mother. I hope you didn't meant.

I am thoroughly disappointed.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bah....

more interested in - "i slept" - who with...

4:01 AM  
Blogger Ekta said...

errr
what happened to the dinner with ur wife????

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi qwerts!

Was "letting out a few gastroesophageal refluxes, the better part of the movie or was that during the best bits of the movie?

Then, the thought of that movie being dubbed in the most flatterring language like Hindi... What is this world coming to!!!

I remember sitting through SPEED 2 in hindi and that scarred me for life. If anyone hasn't seen it, let me give you an example... "In the English version, the very first scene shows a security guard going down a shaft to the bottom floor to maniplate the lights in the building, so that he can blow the place up etc. The guy runs in to the workers and they ask him whe he is. The guy says " I am the registered decurity guard here to check the wires".

Hindi Version...

The same guy, blond haired blue eyed, cannot be anyhting but an Anglo Saxon person... goes down the shaft and he meets other workers who almost from the same race as him. One asks him " Aap Kon Hai" ( shocking dubbing because it takes two seconds for him to spit it out) says " Mai Darwaan Hoo". I couldn't possibly watch the rest of it with a straight face.

I think Quentin Tarantino should learn Hindi. Dubb Kill Bill into Hindi I might even watch it then.

9:50 AM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi everyone,

I am sorry about my anonymous reply to rigg's comment.

I was under huge influences of Jim Beam.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh Heh Qwerts!

I thought your anony


mous post was because there was a glitch in

Your Matrix.

I apologise for that nasty french. My french is quite good and is known the world over though I do not know the language.

That french in the post was a shameless cutpaste from IMDB.

Yours Nebuchadnezerly,

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Queerly qwerty’s quintessential quirks and quotes are missing today :(

7:36 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi queeny,

I am sorry for delaying my response. Don't they say, save the best for the last? I have to say your alliteration was priceless.

Please repeat it five times. My Bhabhi buys big black bananas by the dozen for brunch.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home