Saturday, June 24, 2006

Parent Teacher Afflictions

I have a strange tendency to use the titles of recently watched movies colloquially. The latest being Fanaa. I was never particularly strong with languages. As a matter of fact, I wasn't very academic. If I were, I wouldn't be blogging. I would be doing something serious like my wife.

This space is now available for advertisments.

Like a fool, yesterday at work, I told my secretary, I want to Fanaa you. Little did I know what it meant at the moment. Soon after my secretary's husband arrived to Fanaa me. It was really crazy & embarrassing. I got back home and had a huge argument with my wife on foreign languages.

Today's topic is Parent Teacher Associations (PTAs). Though I do not claim any children of my own, I was subjected to a PTA meeting recently. It is a secret congregation of parents & teachers and lots of pestilence (kids) that ruin a perfect Saturday. The school Pongy & Mintu go to guards this congregation as a matter of life and death. The school compels you to cancel exotic holidays just so you can meet the teachers and discuss your child's future.

Two Saturday's ago, P & M's parents had to urgently go out of station since someone near & dear was battling from acute diarrhoe. P & M's mum happens to be my wife's sister. I only know this detail because she call me Jeejaji. It was unavoidable for us to act like foster parents and take P & M to their school for a PTA. The only reason why I agreed to do this favor was; I could avoid P & M's birthdays next year. Also, after 15 years, I didn't want either of the kids to go on National Television and say, my uncle is responsible for our failures.

M studies in grade 7 and P studies in grade 9, which effectively meant we had to meet not one but two sets of teachers. My disgust for PTA meetings stems from the fact that as a child neither of my parents attended any of my PTA meetings, which technically means, I did not have a beeping clue.

The school was complete delirium with hundreds of kids and parents. We went over to Mintu's class first. Though the teacher recognized Mintu surprisingly, she had a hire-an-hour-parents look on her face when she spotted us. I quickly jumped to our defense and introduced ourselves as Mintu's uncle & aunt. After a lengthy & discomforting explanation about Mintu's original sinisters, the teacher brought out a printed booklet, the size of our local telephone directory. This contained Mintu's Official Attrocities at school.

Teacher Grievances: Mintu
  • Mintu was very irregular to school. His class present percentage was 41 while the school required 99.99999999% present percentage as a prerequisite, to allow a student to appear for annual examinations. I swear, I have spotted the kid outside movie theatres that screen adult fiction.
  • Mintu for his age is already sprouting a beard and pubic hair. I had a sudden urge to rip open his shorts and confirm it.
  • Mintu is unusually friendly with the boys. He has been spotted in consenting positions with some boys on the playground.
  • Mintu has hideous hand-writing.
  • Mintu's ability to spell, speak and write in English is nonexistent.
  • Mintu was caught kissing a girl in the girl's washroom. The teacher said, we have brought it your notice since the girl calls him, Mintu bhaiya and she is only in grade 4.
  • Mintu was found reading Debonair in Moral Science class. Upon further investigation we found, the book was from his father's personal collection. I was disgusted.
  • Mintu was reprimanded for starting his own religion. He dispended, God liketh thy man that taketh things into thy arms.

These were a few of Mintu's offenses that I can recall. There were some that involved paramedics, a fire station, The Indian Armed Forces and a bunch of deep sea divers.

After a barrage of complaints, I need a stiff something. I excused myself from the school and headed to a close by bar. After a few stiffs, I was ready for anything. If I had a forewarning, I would have been drinking from the night before and proceeded to the school with a hip flask. This time it was Pongy's turn.

Teacher Grievances: Pongy

  • Pongy is incredibly deft. Her ability to copy during examinations is rewardable.
  • Pongy is very poor at academics, especially, Science and Mathematics though she knows a guy's anatomy like the back of her palm.
  • In a group activity session on Who Is Your Role Model? she said, I am being serious, the girl from the infamous DPS MMS.
  • Pongy is way too radical for her age. She says, if the saying goes, All Men Are Dogs, Then I Am A Bitch. It is true, when she was 7 years old, I caught her listening to Like A Virgin.
  • Pongy's favorite snack at the school snackbar is Hotdog. She was suspended for a week for eating it suggestively with The Father.
  • Pongy's bag has been searched for drugs one time. They found baby carrots, wrinkled cucumbers and a 17" PVC pipe.
  • Pongy on most occasions does not wear a bra to school. Inadvertantly, my eyes gazed at her chest and for the first time I realised, how fully blossomed she was.

There were other incredible things the teachers told us about her. I was thoroughly ashamed. My childhood was Eastman color compared to their Blue films.

Anyways, after two weeks, I still do not know how to communicate these grievances to P & M's parents. I only hope they will fully understand their kids someday.

Yours fosterly.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Fosterly (Australian for Dad),

Here I am, as usual top of the list. I have therefore given my lawyer the week off.

Your post reminded me of a time when I was Australian for Dad attended some of these PTA things as well. I loved these meetings because I would share the room with young mothers. They were hotter than the young mothers I normally used to bump into at the pub. The PTA young mothers would check me out, the ones at the pub wouldn't. As you can see, I would mark PTA meetings on my calendar.

Mintu sounds like he will grow up to be a terrorist. He will idolise you and call you Uncle Fanaa. Tapes of him firing a machine-gun from behind his beard will play non-stop on American Television.

Pongy sounds like Linda Lovelace, when Lovelace-ji was in elementary school. I look forward to her career with much interest. Since I'm pally enough with you to call you Squirts, I am recomending certain titles, for which I expect a small share (I wish I could Italics too) of revenues.

#1 Pongy Does Patiala

#2 Dildo Paagal Hai - PVC Pipe Dreams

More titles will follow after a small token amount is sent to me.

Much mirth,

2:41 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

Hi riggs,

Heh heh @ Fosterly, Australian for dad.

Did you ever figure out why these young mothers at PTA meetings would check you out more often than young mothers at pubs?

My calender is marked with PDA meetings.

No, Chintu is being honed to be a terrorist. Mintu might turn out to a gay plumber or gardener.

Pongy recently got an offer to act in a movie called Deep Throat.

Both your film titles are suitable titles for Pongy. How would you like your payment?

What do you think of Big Trouble In Little Virginia

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Trouble in Little Virgina sounds good as long as we can make some changes. Which we shan't as this is a family channel.

Other suitable titles are :-

The Da Vinci Bod

Missionary Impossible - 3

The XXX Men - The Last Stand.

What do you think???

3:32 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

Hi riggs,

Virginia was a typographic error. Believe me.


I think all these titles will make great flicks. Have you numerologically chosen them?

5:13 PM  
Blogger Num said...

OooooH-kay mon.
Time OUt!
I'm first in line and second to rightfully recieve(after Sensei Riggster ofcourse)the following:
Invite for Book launch(es)
Signed copy of book
Remuneration for ruined keyboards(fluids and laughter,you know how it goes)
Endless (self)prescriptions of aspirins for teh tummyache.

You rule.
But then you already know that.
Send above ASAP.
Regards.
Num(skull)

9:52 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

Hi Num,

I still do not have a publishing house that will publish my works.

Nobody wants to because, my book is titled Gandh-iji: Father Or Gay?

What is wrong with all of you? First it was riggs and now it is you. Please do not ask for money. You are all invited to my place for a cup of tea.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Fosterly... Funny...

No wonder teachers used to match my parents up with the wrong kid. They were too busy checking out DAD's and guess what mine wasn't left out of the list.

Then to top it off my class was named 4-king. Say that quickly... YES... I was a prized student of 4 king... go figure.

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO F .... that was 4King bewty!

11:14 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

Hi F,

I do not mind being a slave in your kingdom.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home