Wednesday, August 23, 2006

She

Have you ever been overwrought by a perfect beginning? Ever imagined the sublime fashion in which, all great books sally forth? Books that were never meant to be, but influenced human cognition? This story is not about somebody famous, this story is about her.

Long, long time ago... no, ALICE was beginning to get very tired of... nada, There was once a sweet little maid who lived with her father... aught, Once upon a time there lived a King and a Queen, who lacked but one thing on earth to make them entirely happy... zot. In the movies and fairy tales you experience something and suddenly Adelaide starts playing, all the flash lights start blinking, the tempo changes to allegro molto and everything around you ceases to exist. That moment changes everything.

But life is not a fairy tale, nor is it a movie and a billion things happened to her while she lay there on her back and let time pass her by. She just never realised. Her story is nothing like Troilus and Cressida or Jane Eyre but about awkwardness, faux pas, misjudgment and really bad timing.

Things come to a pass at times and you need someone to remind you, you are worth everything. Here is what you never lost, but was merely displaced.
  • Assiduousness. Your efforts for perfection at all times, working unceasingly even when you were vanquished.
  • Friendship. Your relationships with everyone around you, never ebbing. For constantly upholding mutual respect and honour and for never acting as if you were bigger than life.
  • Allegiance. To yourself and everybody depending on you. For coping with condescension and enduring self-respect.
  • Alleviation. Helping at all times. For unremittingly listening when you wanted to be heard and tirelessly speaking when you wanted to be spoken to. For always finding the best way and not your way.
  • Attention. A sense of disquietude even for your enemies. Your consideration to little detail, most of all.
  • Ardency. Your conviction and impetuosity. For sharing your enthusiasm. For your good judgment and common sense.
  • Adroitness. For your willingness to learn and improve. For your sprightliness, pushing others to succeed.
  • Aspiration. For your proactiveness. For being modest about your success.
  • Adjustability. For changing with the times and accepting everything.
  • Ardor. For the joy, the tears, the laughter, the hope, the faith and above all, the love.

Merci beaucoup for your permanence.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr.Q,

Have you ever given a thought to writing mushy movie scripts? You ol' softy, you!

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is "She" ?

11:04 AM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi riggs,

Heh heh, you can't say that after you have heard the story.

11:12 AM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi anonymous,

That is for me to know and for you to find out.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Long time since you wrote a post!!! What happened?? So preoccupied or were gathering things to write about SHE!!!! The best blog you can write about your wife!!! Good one buddy carry on

12:55 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi sudha prasanna,

I was on a holiday for two weeks. Didn't anyone tell you about it?

Wait, let me find that riggs.

Thank you. Who said that is about my wife? If she ever reads this, I will have to spend the rest of my life with her.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky She :-)

Eons ago had an ex- write me something like that. Preserved for bad times.

7:03 PM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi peccavi,

I understand why did he turn out to be an Ex then?

Bad spellings, perhaps?

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm...thats a long story best not gone into. Let sleeping dogs lie (or shd it be the other way around?)

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually got it all asswise - lucky you for knowing a lady like that!!!

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
You were on two weeks holiday... Wow Now i know where you got the inspiration to write about she.. So you have spent so much of time with her to write about SHE...
Well no one informed me that u were on two weeks leave... Please find out why i have not been informed...
Have to spend the whole life with her.. Why ? Are you feeling bad or feeling happy to spend ur rest of the life with her... I think at this age you would not want some one else in your life.. Do You??

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats age got to do with anything is something i really dont understand.

11:13 AM  
Blogger qwerty said...

hi SP,

No, SP, She was written many moons ago.

Well, I asked riggs to inform everybody about my holiday. I suppose, he didn't think you were consequential. Let me have a word with him. I apologize on his behalf.

I am having mixed feelings about her. Yes, I know I to settle down. I am already forty. Do you know any good looking women?

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Anyway its ok if i have not been informed that you are not there for two weeks.. Dont take it too seriously...
Well i think your wife would be the beautiful woman whom i would know... Hope i dint disappoint you by saying so...
So go ahead and settle with her dear

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Qwerty,

Nicely written.

What a classy woman, whoever "She" is.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Qwerty ... Sunday noon I have been reading your blog incessantly ... You got me laffing, the funniest things I read after Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha! and it was ten years back.BTW I chanced upon ur blog while it was being mentioned on rediff mains by a young,intelligent lady with a cute nose ( am wrting a book on her nose.... hope it finds space on Mrs Qwerty's catalogue ).I said intelligent coz I value her views , her advice when I take imp decisions, I listen to her and do exactly the opposite it has never failed me. This time I decided to abide by her opinion and read the blog for two reasons a) We been having these cute fights for three months, I call it battle of roses she insists this be waterloo b) It was not meant for me but all , sundry, Vox, Pappu and Lee.
Anways u rock man , I don't read many blogs not that i read anything else. I never comment ( wanted to do on riggers cricket blog but he made me angry when he wrote about cricket umpires and wrote nothing abt Piloo Reporter).I also don't read and comment coz of following reasons:-
a) I am a snob
b)I don't want to expose my writing credentials . I am still waiting for ten million dollar publishing contract .... Mr Hari Kunzuru .. Tu shy varey ? ... pls stick to WIRED.
c) My limitations in Lingua_Inglishica. I am no Lord McJulay ... talking abt Raj and coming from kashmir I would rather like to mount the lady, edwina with a baton, in gandhi jacket and nehru topi(read full monty ... oriyas can call it full Mohanty).
d)I Live in a small place with erratic internet connectivity ( imagine DC during middle of PMS). We have lot more pregnant cows in the town(am not responsible for that) then internet users. I am still to count the sheep.
e) Nine times outta ten People here think Broadband is Rigger_Loaf_of_meat_rockstar's Y front elastics.
f)I don't want to get mobbed as I was offered to play Daniel Pearl against Ms Anjali_Jolie ( presuming the story begins after he is killed in captivity).

More shall follow though am not in the race against time and Rigger.
Keep writing keep rocking !
Your Riggersly
Wud Hut Piloo Repoter.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would appear July would like to comment on August company and comment on this blog, rather than mine. Come September and I shall show him.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home